Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paralyze

I found the one thing that will stop me from moving on
That will paralyze me from anything and anyone
It is you
You have stopped me in my tracks

You have looked through me
You made me stop and re-examine me
What a fresh of air you were

Bringing me such a different life
Bringing me such a different look on life
And now

How much do I wish I wasn’t paralyzed
How much I wish I could move on

To push on
To keep moving
But I’m stuck

I’m physically unable to move
Its as if you nailed my feet to the ground
And you have stunned me
My soul
My mind
My heart

I want to forget
I want to finish this chapter
I want to remove all this

How do I shed you
How do I become free of you
How do I move outside of you

How many times have I tried
Pulled at myself
Pushed

I’m bleeding from the constant motion
But no movement
These chains are heavy

They are starting to make welts on my skin
Cutting through it and getting to my soul

I don’t want to be disabled anymore
I am crippled by you
And powerless

Help remove some of these chains so I will be mobile again
Without you

No comments: