Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Untitled Love 2

Layla just got home from a long and arduous day at work.  She wanted to take a shower and just lounge on the couch all day long next to her two dogs.  But alas she had to get ready for the night.  She and Danny were going out for drinks and to hangout with friends.  Although Layla came from an extremely religious family she never believed drinking a few drinks at a bar was anything sinful.  She was surprised when on her third date Danny ordered wine with their dinner.  That was the first step in the conquest of Danny winning her over.  
She wore a sleeveless black top with a low v-neck, tight jeans and shiny teal ballet flats.  She fixed her make-up, pulled the tie out of her hair and let the long curls fall down.  It was going to be a hot night in South Carolina.  She didn’t care to straighten her curls that night because she knew she was gonna do some dancing as well, and when she dances she sweats and her hair becomes a fuzz ball.  So she knew it would be of no use to spend her time fixing her hair.  Yet her curls were beautiful just the same.  Her hair a little passed her shoulders.  A dark brown with layers.  Her hair accented her olive skin beautifully and she had dark brown eyes that anyone could get lost in.  
She let the dogs out for their usual run around the back yard and once she was done getting ready called them back in.  
“Come on guys.  Momma’s gotta go and have a good time.  I’m trusting you Bander to keep Chita in order.”  As she spoke both Bander, a husky light gray with white and blue eyes male dog, and Chita, a small toy fox terrier with black and brown spots female dog, looked back her as if the ground rules meant something very important.  As she ran back to the bathroom the doorbell rang.
“Come in.”
“Hey babykins its me.  Where are you?” says Danny.
“Bathroom.  Still putting on a few finishing touches.  I’ll be out soon.”
Danny walked into the kitchen with the flowers in hand, set them on the table and went to get a vase.  As he was getting these things the dogs were at his feet just running around excitedly.  It was as if daddy had gotten home.
“Hey guys” says Danny as he bent down to pet them.  “What cha’ll do all day?  Huh?”  He got up and found treats for them and gave one to each dog.  Turn the faucet on and filled the vase up with water, placed the flowers in and took the vase and placed them on the kitchen table.
“I’m ready!  Where…”  Layla turns and sees the beautiful bouquet of her favorite flowers.  “Hunny those are beautiful!  I love them!  Thank you!”  Layla goes and hugs Danny wrapping her arms around his neck and kisses him a nice kiss on the lips.
“No special occasion.  I just wanted to get them for you.”  They kiss again.  “I knew you would like them.”
“Oh the cleverness of you…”  Letting out a small laugh from her lips.
“I know this one.”  As he started to think as to where he had heard this quote from his forehead started to wrinkle.  Layla loved to watch movies.  She enjoys them so much she quotes them at anywhere it fits.  She looking back at him enjoyed this little game.  Her sisters and her would play this game with each other any little chance they got, and Danny had gotten rather good at playing this game.  “Can I get a hint?”
“It would be too easy if I gave you one.  Come on.  We saw this a few days ago that’s the hint.”
“Okay.  What did we watch a few days ago...” thinking to himself.
“Granted each time you do fall asleep.  Maybe I should just tell you.”  She says mockingly.
“I’m sorry I’m tired when I get here.  You know I have long days.  So when I get to your house and watch a movie I fall asleep.”
“Well that’s what I like to hear.”  As she starts walking away.  “That I come to my girlfriends house to fall asleep.  Nothing more.  Am I so boring?”
“Babykins come on.  I work hard at the office.  Looking at a computer screen trying to configure codes to new programs and such.  They really do take it out of me.”
“I know hun but...”  Layla sighed thinking to herself, he does work hard why shouldn’t he fall asleep after work.  She looked up at him and said “it’s peter pan.”
“Peter Pan!  I knew that!”
“Of course you did.  I’m ready.  Ready to go?”
“Yea.  And I am sorry that I fall asleep.”
“No baby.  It’s okay.  You really do have hard days” and she kisses him and they both walk out the door.
Arriving at the bar Danny turns off the engine and sits in the car.  “Babykins I’m gonna give you a rundown of who’s gonna be here.”  Danny and Layla always had rundowns before drinking.  Although Layla enjoys going out and having a good time she still felt socially awkward in certain occasions.  Especially if there was going to be a big crowd.  And Danny knew there was going to be one.  “Now you know all my cow-workers they all are gonna bring their girls or guys.  From here we are gonna go to The Cathedral and dance and met up with more people.”  Layla took in a deep breathe let it out and Danny says “you ok?”
“Yea!  Let’s have a good time” and smiles back.  First thought after she sent him a smile was let’s get a few shots in me and the rest of the night should go smooth.  
“You sure?”
“Yes hunny.  I’m ready.”  And Danny kisses Layla and squeezes her hand.

2 comments:

L.C said...

keep it up rosa...i read this one with a cup of coffee and wanted more! your doing great.
LC

DelicateRoses said...

ha ha i'm glad you enjoyed it!