Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My little heart aches...

So this past week I've been in Tennessee.  I went on vaca to visit my friends and my sister and her husband.  MAN!!! I never knew how much I missed that city until I finally went back!

I missed the crappy streets, the crappy places, and the crappy old job I had.  When I walked into my old job everyone light up.  I was missed!  It felt so nice to be missed!  Managers and workers alike came around and talked to me and was wondering how I was doing.  Some even came up to me and said I should go put on some clothes and get to working! HA HA! On my vaca... no thank you!

But it was so nice to just talk with them.  That's all I did.  I just went to hang out.  I didn't need much more. That's who I am.  I just needed some quality time with my friends to catch up, listen on the gossip, and just be around them.  I didn't need to go out and have to be somewhere at all times, although thats how it seem my week went.  But I have missed that.

Here in South Carolina I have no base of friends.  I have to start all over and frankly thats hard for me.  It takes me time to warm up to people and to be apart of the group.  Also its really hard for me to trust people so I don't just jump into things right away.

I haven't had anyone to hang out with here.  Sure I have my sisters but sometimes its nice to be out with other people.  People that I don't see often.

I had many offers to go live with them in Tennessee or California even one to Virginia Beach (ahem t-la and jess).  But right now those offers are just gonna have to sit on the table simply because I have no job as of right now.  I quit my old job.  I couldn't keep putting myself on the line each day while not having communication at this place.

I have worked on and off at Cracker Barrel for the past seven years, and this last store took it out of me.  I started working there and the first two months were great.  I was doing my job like they wanted me to and working hard and doing as I was told.  But as the months went on the place seem to go down hill in a very fast pace.

First they implemented a new system as to how to cook the food and how the servers are supposed to deal with serving tables.  I get it.  Its a new system and people need to get used to it.  I gave them two months and after those two months I broke.  Besides everyone getting frustrated and getting at each others throat, this store was so understaffed it lead to people working more than 40 hours.  Now I get that people at times like to work extra hours but not when your little piece of paper says 60 hours and you have put in physically about 80 hours.

I felt that way.  I didn't work over 40 hours though.  See at the store I was working prior to this one it is not permitted to work over 40 hours.  Normally they will clock you out at about 39 hours and 59 minutes.  SERIOUSLY!  When one of the ladies told me she worked 62 hours I was taken aback simply because if I was working at the other store I would have been written up and been reprimanded for it.

Well after putting in my time I just couldn't do it anymore.  So I gave in my two weeks, the day after I put in my two weeks I spoke to the manager and the day after that the manager was replaced.  So anything I had spoken to him was null and void.  So I will null and void this place from my life.

So here I am, with no job, in a different state, with no real friends, looking for something to get me to a place of sanity.  I just hope I can start growing up now.  I feel like I'm 17 and I just turned 28...

4 comments:

L.C said...

happy birthday rosa..sometimes i also feel like i am 17...and i too am 28! i will pray that you find a job...and people..have you found a church you like down there? maybe that would help. hope you are well.
LC

DelicateRoses said...

thanks and i bet it would help to find a home church here... but at the same time not sure it would help...

JessieBessie said...

hey there.

i'm so sorry to hear of this nonsense at that place. they are shit out of luck for losing you! i know you're a loyal worker & i'm guessing a bomb server! but, v.beach will always be here, and i would like to have you know we have a shit ton of restaurants that would love to have someone like you [or anywhere else your little heart desires to work at]. i pray the lord leads you to move here with trey. there. i said it.

ily, rosita.

DelicateRoses said...

aww thanks lovey! and btw i was looking for jobs in v. beach on craigslist... just sayin... ;)