Sunday, November 14, 2010

Friends

There are many things people pretend to be. They pretend to be friendly, trusting, and genuine. In reality people have many different agendas. People can decide that everyone is usable in one way or another and can take what they need from certain people at certain times in their lives. How many times have we been caught using someone else for our own gain?

I guess I’ve been guilty of it. But who hasn’t?

There were few people in my life that I can say I did not have them in my life because they had some kind of resource that I needed, and these people have become my true friends. Friends that I can pick up the phone say hey and know that when I say I love and miss them that its true.

But its hard to keep them around. Its hard when life pulls us apart and tells us that we have different paths to take.

I miss looking in there faces and laughing along with them. I miss seeing the lines on their faces. I miss talking to all hours of the night with them.

Its hard when the miles and distance separate us. Its hard when one of them needs my shoulder to cry on, needs my hug to console them, needs a hand to lift them, and its hard when they need my laughter to uplift them.

Yet this distance that seems to create cracks in my heart still wont stop me from loving my dear friends.

I’m long for the day when I can be face to face with them.

What really hurts is not being able to see the growth people are going through. Not being able to see them change and become what they were meant to be. What I mean is to see them really flourish.

Many of them are creating families. They are multiplying! Yet I can’t be near enough to enjoy the the happiness in my own arms, only through photographs.

I’m missing seeing my families/friends grow. But time was created for humans. So it will only be a short time until I can create more memories with them. For now… I will wait, wait until I can reminisce with them once again.

For now… I have pictures and photographs… I can’t wait to see you again...

No comments: