Monday, June 29, 2009

Take me or leave me

I laugh at you
Not because your sad and pitiful
I laugh because life is not perfect
Life is meant for mistakes
Yet you only see the sin
You only see what will make you ok with my wrong doings

My life is changing
My life is growing
Yet you are at your crossroad and you don’t want to take any path
I’ve already chosen
I’ve decide I will be happy

I will choose life
I will be who I need to be
Not who you think I should be
Your words are painful
They cut like glass

Yet wounds are a funny thing
They heal you know
They don’t stay long
I used to live in the fear of your hurt
I used stand and be afraid to get knocked down by you

How do you not see that I don’t care
You keep pushing me down
You keep speaking to me as if I am still a child
I have grown
I have pulled at myself
And you still don’t want to accept me

How long will it take for you to finally understand
To let go
To just be
And let me walk away

You may abandon me
And you may turn your back at me
But I can’t turn my back at love
I will not abandon your trust

As the days go by
My life keeps unraveling
It keeps showing me the beatitudes
Grace still shinning down

The winds of change keep calling my name
Pulling me towards my happiness
I can’t turn my back to it
All I can do is keep create my own footprints

I don’t walk alone
I don’t stand alone
What are you afraid of
My heartaches
My loneliness
My sadness
Of hopelessness

Life is showing me more than these things
You are the one who’s exemplifying these emotions
My heart is broken by your faith
How little you think of me
How small do you see me
I can’t allow myself to wallow in your pain

I’ve dealt with mine
I’ve moved on
I can’t live the life you’ve built up for me
It was never mine to live

Funny how the tables have turned
I used to want what you had
I used to crave it
And now all I do is resent it

How can I live your life
Once my walls fell down
Once I was scattered on the ground
Once I was finally put together again
I understood how nothing truly fit
Finally everything makes sense
Everything is anew

Whether or not you can accept this is up to you
I place this in your hands
But I will not wait long
I will not have you make me stand here for your decision
I’ve made mine
Will you take me or leave me...

1 comment:

JessieBessie said...

damn, roho.

this is f*cking amazing.