Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The warmth of a new day...

I used to be afraid
I lived in the fear of the unknown
Living safe
Living for them

I lived walking the line of “perfection”
Afraid of the shame outside of this realm
I was worried that my whole world would crumble if I walked away from it
I was afraid to live outside their standards

My conclusion is my life is meant to be lived for myself
My realization is I need to find myself to give myself my all
My understanding is I need to please myself before pleasing them
My knowledge is what I can stand on

I don’t want to stand on your precepts
I don’t want to lay in your lies
I don’t want to wake one morning and hate everything I’ve become
I don’t want to know that I’m stuck at a dead end

Finally I’m living
Finally I’m breathing
Finally I’m standing on my own
Finally I’ve allowed myself to trust someone

So what if my paths going towards mistakes
So what if I may put my trust in others
So what if there’s heartache
So what if my path leads to hell

I can’t survive in this atmosphere anymore

I’ve changed
I’ve transformed
I’ve finally broken through my exterior
I’ve finally looked up towards the sky and can see the sun

The sun seems brighter
The grass is greener
The songs of summer seem louder

As my feet hit the asphalt I know life will never be the same
Let the winds of change blow harder than they have ever blown
I will allow myself to push and pull at myself for growth

All because one person said...

Its okay...
I will listen...
No need to be ashamed anymore...
Thank you for sharing...

No comments: