Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Lasting Words **song**

A word for you 
a word for me
This is my last prayer
As if you care
I have given up and given in
I wish this was the race to win
But alas I have found no finishing line
Its as if I’ve been trying to define
The you and me that never was
How much of you did you invest because
I’ve given it all
And now I can’t even stand tall




I see now I was your revolving door
I wish we could go back to before
Back to your last true kiss
But it was all amiss
Now I am stranded on the side of the road
And there’s nothing left to erode
I wish I didn’t leave it all in your hands
Wishing that I didn’t give in to your demands
Its all crashing falling apart
And this is what I want to impart
A lasting word to make me feel alright
For I don’t want to stop another and not give them an invite




There is no more light behind my eyes
For you have come and taken that prize
If only I saw through the disguise
Then when you said your goodbyes
I wouldn’t feel like it was a surprise
Or feel the darkness that had fallen in the skies

There is nothing left in this empty house
There’s nothing left in this broken heart
I’m trying and trying to find something left
But you oh you don’t want it
Don’t need it 
Are gone
How can I say its gonna be alright
How can I say its gonna stay the same

No comments: