Monday, September 13, 2010

Sharing the love...

Ok I just got a tiny bit mad. Reading some articles online. People slandering other people because of faith and then no faith. Telling one another that sin is sin and that people need to repent. Saying that sinners need to realize this and put things aside.

But what sinner wants to hear that they are wrong? What sinner wants to listen to someone else who does not see their flaws? That this sinners sin is constitutionally stronger and worse then the saint? No one!

I think the church needs to re-evaluate how to approach this.

People already know what “the church” deems to be wrong and right. I’m not saying if they are wrong or if they are right. But redemption should not be used as something to enlighten the “saint”.

Yes I understand rejoice in knowing that people see the wrong doings and turn away from these wrong doings. But what do you call a sin? Where do you draw lines as to whose sin is greater? Or lesser?

I understand that there are many passionate people that will quote scripture on who is right and who is wrong. They will keep shooting them at me until I fall down and surrender to what they believe.

But I am me.

I have the right to my opinions and I don’t think that people should only see people as sinner or saint.

We are all people taking each day by day. Taking decision by decision. Why we choose certain paths is our own choice. Judgement is not ours to take in our own hands. It is meant for one ultimate being. He is the only one that can forgive and allow us to be resolved in the choice.

What I’m trying to say is that no one man is without sin. Why look down upon others believing that there is no fault in yourself? Why pretend that your life is holier than the person next to you?

We are all imperfect beings. We make mistakes everyday. Whether its the way we look at people, the way we talk to people, or the way we ignore people. Simple things like that may seem insignificant but they are sins alike.

Judgement should not be in any ones hand.

And if you must come down on someone because of their sin, come to them with concern. If your need is to truly help a “sinner” it should not be to scold them of the gruesomeness that you see in them. Ask yourself would they be willing to come to you if you slapped them on the wrist when you don’t even know the person? Or would they understand you more if you come at them with compassion and love and understanding?

Please do not get me wrong and say that you understand them and should want to see their sin as something acceptable. To be honest I have no clue which sin in your mind is stronger or severe than the others. By understanding I say come with an open heart to listen. To hear them out and find out why they are where they are. What has brought them to the point of sinning. Why they feel the need to be in the “sin”.

Why am I writing this?

I have many friends that have gone through a lot in their short lived lives. Some have gone through these things because of need, because its what they know, and because they can’t fight anymore.

As a christian many thank me for not judging them. For not passing my prejudice upon them. Yet how am I to say what they have done is wrong. I have no say in whether their heart did it because of malice. There is only one person who knows. All we can do is listen, to try and be there for them in whatever it is that they need.

Do you remember where you where when you felt your lowest? Try to see others in that light. You didn’t want to be told how wrong you were. All you wanted was someone to be there and to listen. We are all connected. In one way or another. Why should we reprimand our brothers and sisters when they already know in some way or another that what they have done is wrong.

I get it. Unconditionally love is hard to show. But if we show some kindness and a bit of love we can change the strongest of hearts. All we can do is wait it out and give some encouragement. Let them evaluate the severity of the sin and when they are ready we can help them out.

Love does not equal scolding. Love is love. Share some more.

No comments: