Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Way We Were...

While ago I met a person. Someone that I only knew for a short period of time. I only saw him at my job. We worked side by side. And I fell for him.

It was a small crush. He was funny, strong, smart, independent, and lived life. At the time he was questioning many things in life. Where he was going to go, what he was going to do, things of that nature.

At our age who doesn’t.

I purposely made sure I looked perfect when I went to work. Made sure to talk to him when he was there. He and I, it was fun. But I could never cross my boundaries with him. He had a girlfriend. He was in love. But she was far away. Another country.

She decided they needed a break. I couldn’t interfere with his broken heart. I wasn’t going to be the girl that came along and tried to sweep him off his feet when he was still in pain.

I moved away. I had forgotten about him. I had forgotten about his smile, laughter, and personality.

I found him again.

For some reason those emotions seem stronger. We haven’t spoken since. But I added him as a friend on the internet site I found him. I know this may seem like a lot to say for a person that I have no clue as to if he felt anything for me.

We were just friends. Thats all! Nothing more. But if he would have said something I probably would have stayed. Just for him. But things change.

I found he had a website. And I checked it out. I had forgotten what an awesome guy he is! Even better than before!

He’s dating her again. I see how well matched he and her are. I could never come between them two. He seems so happy. I’m happy for him.

I just wish I didn’t feel this way for him. But my faith is not where his faith is. His faith has gotten so strong in the the last nine months. While mine has slowly been getting weaker.

I can’t be the woman he would want me to be. So I’m writing because I wanted to write.

I miss him. But he’s better off.

No comments: