Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Untitled Love 4

Nights like these brought Layla new days.  It allowed her to release her worries on the dance floor.  The restaurant life lead to stressful days.  The normal working hours at a restaurant is between 60 to 80 hours a week, so it was always nice to dance and drink the night away.
After a two hours Layla was getting to the point of no return.  It was time for her to go home but both she and Danny were to drunk to drive.  Taxi was their best bet.
“Baby please call.  I don’t think I can even see the numbers on my phone right…”
“I’ll try” says Danny.
Kimmy noticed that both Layla and Danny were having too much fun to slow down so she decided to keep an eye out for them.  “II’ll drive you two, if that’s ok.  I haven’t had much to drink tonight.  I was making sure everyone else was!”
“That would be amazing Kim.  Seriously!  Did you want to drive my car or did you want to take yours?  It’s a big hummer so you’ll have fun driving it!”
“The manly man driving a manly car. Of course on a night we get drunk that’s the one you bring along” says Layla.
“Babykins I don’t go anywhere without it.  It gets the job done.”
“Right… So Kim which car?”
“Well I have a two seater so its gonna have to be your car Danny.”
“Hey I drove here with Larry, why don’t I drive your car while Larry follows me to your house Dan and Kimmy you can take Layla to her house.  That way no one’s car stays here at the club” asks Mark.
“Yea that sounds good!” says Kimmy.
“I don’t care as long as I get in my warm bed..” says Layla.
Danny hands over his keys as Mark helped him out to the car.  While Layla, holding on to one of Kimmy’s arms and Larry’s arm around her waist, walked out to the parking lot.  
“Wait can I kiss my hunny bun goodnight?” asks Danny.
As Danny sat in his car they brought Layla over.  Clumsily Layla grabbed the car door window leaned in and kissed Danny.  Danny grabbed her face “I love you so much.  It might be all the alcohol but you are so beautiful to me!  No its not the alcohol you simply are the loveliest creature on the face of this planet!  I love you babykins.”
All Layla could muster to say was “Ditto!”  She kissed Danny one more time and started to walk over to Kimmy’s car to go home.
“Ok well see you guys!  Be safe!” says Kimmy to her work buddies as they got into her car.  “Ok now where do you live?”
~~~
The next morning Layla woke up with a massive headache and her stomach was just churning.  She made herself get out of bed to get the dogs out.  When she got to the glass doors to let them out she realized she wasn’t alone.  She turned and walked to the couch and saw Kimmy on the couch.  She then walked to the kitchen to start the coffee maker and tried to remember what happened the night before.  But for her life, she couldn’t remember how she got home let alone how she got into her bed.  As the coffee machine was gurgling its last few drops into the pot she decided that she should wake Kimmy to give her a cup too but decided not to.  Walking across the living room to get to her office she bumped into her coffee table and stepped onto a squeaky toy and woke Kimmy up.
“Morning…” says Layla, although it was nearly eleven am.
“Morning.  What time is it?”
“Almost eleven.  I didn’t want to wake you since you helped me home… I think.”
With a smirk, “yea help is not the right word.  More like you owe me.”
“That bad?  Ugh.”  Layla sat down on the love seat next to the couch and looked down into her coffee.  “I am so sorry.  I can’t remember much from last night.  Just that we got to The Cathedral and then after a few more drinks, nothing.”
“Yea well I got you home and it was a battle to get you into the house.”
“A BATTLE?! What do you mean a battle?”
Laughing, “You wanted to go back and party but when I finally got you out of the car you ran to the nearest bush and well… let’s just say whatever you drank last night is in your front bushes.”
“Oh.”
“Yes.  Then I brought you in and tried to rehydrate you but it wouldn’t stay down.”
“Yikes.  Yea more like owe is right.  Truly so sorry!  I normally can hold my alcohol but I don’t know what was with me last night that I couldn’t stop hitting the alcohol.”
“Yea well don’t worry about it.  I’m just glad you look better today then last night.”
“I feel like crap to be honest with you.  But thank you for staying to make sure I was better.”
“Yea well Danny would have been mad if I left you alone!  Plus I bet he would have done the same for me.  He seems like that kinda guy.”
“He is.  That’s one of the qualities I truly enjoy about him.  He’s a well rounded kinda guy!”
“Well you’ve found a keeper!  Best not let that guy outta your grasp!”
“Yea.”
“What is it?  I hear a little sadness in your words.”
“I love him.  He is the perfect man for me in every way.”
“But…”
“However,” laughing, “I don’t feel the passion.  It feels like ‘its supposed to be this way’ and I wish it was more ‘we are soul mates’ kinda thing.”
“Oh.  Well maybe your reading into the whole relationship thing too much.  Life is supposed to be a ride.  It seems to me you decided to take the easy way out.  Not saying that its a bad thing but it sounds safe to me.”
“Safe.  That seems to be the right word.  But I’m almost thirty, shouldn’t I be married already.  That’s what the world is telling me.”
“Look I’m thirty two, and I don’t care to see marriage in my near future nor in my longer future.  Just take life by the reigns and live it up.  That’s what I do.  Just enjoy it while you can.  I’m not saying break up with the guy.  I have no clue as to what your relationship is like.  But you seem like you need more.  Maybe you need to push him a little to get that kinda satisfaction out of life.”
“Yea maybe that’s it.  I need more passion out of him and out of me.  I barely know you and you seem to be the only person to understand what I’m feeling.  Sorry for pouring this all on you.”
“No, no its totally ok.  Seriously no worries.  Anything said today is between you, me, and the fence post.  But on talk to him.  I bet he would be willing to do almost, no anything for you.  Well as long as he was able to get it you would have it!  You are a lucky girl.”
“Thanks, I just wish I felt it more.”

No comments: