Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why the Willow Weeps

Do you remember
The time we sat alone under the weeping willow
We had a picnic that day
We packed a huge lunch
And sat all day under that tree
You found it one day
And decided it was the perfect place to sit under
We laid the blanket
We ate
We sat
And we were in utter bliss
Underneath the weeping willow
How the breeze ran through its branches
How the tree gave us shade under the bright sun
Protecting us form everything
Nothing to stop us from being disturbed
The way your voice echoed all around
How I miss it
How I wish I could still hear it
That was our perfect day
We talked for hours
Until the sun set
Watching it under the willow tree
What happiness it brought you and I
The beauty of that moment
And now the sadness of the place
I sit alone now under the weeping willow
No one around
Just me
And its leaves
As the cold wind blows off the leaves
So does it blow away my tears
I see now why it weeps
For it finds happiness in others
And then sees the sorrow in their happiness
Knowing their love will not last
Created for beauty it was
But yet to find unhappiness in its beauty
So much love has it been shown with the many different people sitting under it
And how much unhappiness it has seen with the many tears by the broken hearted
Let me weep as the willow does
Let me feel the harsh cold wind blow through me
And let me blow away like its leaves during the changing of seasons

No comments: