Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Last Post of the Month

i have nothing else to give you
i have nothing else to shed
i've shed it all
i've given all of you every piece of me

what else do you want
what else are you craving

i keep giving you everything
i keep giving what you need
i'm the one feeling empty
i'm the one needing to find my source

but where do i find it
where do i get that substance called life

my feet are dragging
they are bloody and scratched
they are falling to pieces
like my heart

my friends i love you all
and yet some i don't even know
i have given you every part of me
and yet i have hidden the most precious parts of me

i feel like my tornado has stopped
it has come to a place of solace
i have grieved the loss of the old me

i am not content though
i am not joyed
i don't know what emotion to convey to you all
i don't know what face to show you

so i will give you this
i will give you my true face
unadulterated

i have gained and i have lost
i have stood and i have fallen
i have loved and i have been broken down

my months, my days, my hours so slowly go by
so slowly show me what i have been lacking
where i need improvement

time has given me healing
and yet it has given me sorrow
i have forgiven those who have hurt me
and i still keep getting hurt by them

if only i could give them what they need
if only i could show them maybe thats not what they need
maybe they just need the simple lines of me
my simple outlines

can you and i find happiness in that
can you find happiness in just normalcy

i am not special
i am not talented
i just write what my heart bleeds
i write what my mind screams

so here is me
here is what i am
here is where i am

do you want to take it
or do you want to leave it
do you want more
or will you turn around

but before you do turn around
i have one thing to ask
why do you turn your back on me world
why do you think that there isn't anything good here

we are both tainted
we are both bruised and stained by all the hatred in the world
what i ask of you is to accept the residue that is found in the tiny cracks of my skin
in my every breath
in my every look

you and i will never be perfect
and maybe its a good thing
because we can try and transform each other
we may be able to help on another

i know this post was in one of my writing forms but thats how i wanted to end this month... i didn't feel too inspired this month... or maybe what i have written was too personal, to close to my heart...

but here's another recap... what each month has given me by getting rid of the old me...

the month of june: a month for realizations
the month of july: a month for inspiration
the month of aug: a month for acceptance
the month of sept: a month for grieving (the old me)
the month of oct: only the future can tell... standing on my precipice

if you read please post... show me what your made of... tell me what you think...

No comments: