Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Controversy

**WARNING THIS NEXT POST IS EXTREMELY CONTROVERSIAL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ ABOUT GAY RIGHTS AND GAY ACTIVISM THEN STOP THIS IS NOT FOR YOU AGAIN THIS A WARNING... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**


Let me ask you something... How much does it offend you?  How much does homosexuality hurt you? Or affect you?  How much?  
I see how much it pains those who decide to come out and their families shun them because it is something SO unacceptable.  Something so gruesome for someone to become.  Do you think that these people become monsters?  Do you think that a gay person does it for lust?  For sexual prowess?  Because a raw part of them that decides that having sex with the same sex is all they desire?  How much does it offend you?
And how much do you know that a majority of the people that live small lives do not come out because it pains them to even pretend to come out.  Because if a small part of them is shown to anyone that is close to them it will diminish what they think of them.  Let me ask you.  How much of you will be affected if someone else says they are gay?  If someone else says they will love someone of the same sex?  If someone else says I’m in love and want to get married?  
The decision of whether a person wants to be gay or straight should never be in someone else’s hand.  It should never be in the hands of the judgemental.  It should never be in the hands of someone that does not want to see happiness in that persons life.  
It hurts me how many people live a life half lived because they are afraid of the religious repercussions.  Of what it really means if they decide to be open about their true selves.  Some go so far to kill themselves.  Some go so far to end their life because someone else does not want to accept it.  
You preach of love.  You preach of surpassing grace.  You preach about the comforting spirit.  But how much do you actually listen?  How much do you actually decide and say maybe its not all about me looking good in God’s eyes.  Instead why don’t you listen and ask why they decided to say that they are gay.  Why they decided to tell you.  Because in all honesty I believe people are born gay.  People do not choose it I believe that there are people how are flipped.  That other gay people change their decision.  But what about those who never had someone else tell them about it and they just know.  What then?
Why do Christians feel that this sin is such a touchy sin?  No!  Why do Christians think this is a sin?  I’ve decided and I am 100% for the gay team!  I’ve decided I have no right in telling a person what will make them happy.  That my happiness does not have to be their happiness.  How dare you believe that there is only one way to be happy?!?!  
This topic so burns in me.  I’ve seen so many unhappy people because of Christianity.  It sickens me that people are so turned off by homosexuals.  And look.  I get it.  You do not understand it.  And maybe you don’t want to.  But if you decide to not try to get involved in this issue then do not try to stand against it.  Do not say you are on the opposition when you do not know what the situation is about.  
Do not say and try to stand on what you say when you haven’t seen every side of the coin!  There will always be two sides to a story and if you want to be heard on your story you better bet your a** that you need to know the other side of the story as well!  Don’t go all gun-hoe and guns-a-blazzing when you may as well be the one in the wrong.
Argh...
This is one heated debate in my heart because I’ve seen too many unhappy people because of religion.  Because of their conditioning.  Do not say it is wrong just because.  Tell me why.  Give me a good reason why.  Don’t just say because its in the bible and that’s why.
I WILL NOT AND CAN NOT ACCEPT THAT!!!!
Please think for once and give me a well educated answer then come back to me...

4 comments:

Miranda Keplinger said...

Rosa,

I totally understand what you are saying and agree with parts. It upsets me that Christians see gay people as something disgusting. Why is their sin worse than the pastor that has an affair? I don't think it is. I think God sees sin as sin. I don't agree that people are born gay. And that is an educated opinion that would take too long to go into in this. And I have seen the heartbreak of gay people when they "come out," and I have seen the heart break 10 years later when they continue to feel that something is missing. I believe that homosexuality is like alcoholism, sexual addiction, premarital sex, any of those. You may not choose the desire but you do choose whether to act on the desire. I also believe that most of the time, feelings of homosexuality come from brokeness. Every person that I have worked with who struggled have been sexually abused or been brought up in homes where there is a lot of physical/mental/emotional abuse. I believe there is hope and healing for every person. I believe that God would not allow someone to suffer and not give them a way out of that suffering. Sometimes it is a changing of desires, other times it is a acceptance of singleness. I have seen it happen in both ways. I wish we could have had this conversation in person sometimes when we were hanging out. The bottom line is though, I want you to hear from someone who comes through a position of love. My ultimate desire and calling is to minister to those who struggle with homosexuality. I think the church has dropped the ball with that. And it isn't a popular area of ministry. I know I will be ridiculed but my heart can't let people go through lives feelings unloved by Christ. God has given me a love that I don't even understand at times for homosexuals. It brings me to tears to see the struggle and to know that the church condemns them. I want to be the voice that doesn't accept or condemn but offers hope.

By the way, we miss you in Cleveland!

Miranda Keplinger said...

PS this is Miranda :)

DelicateRoses said...

aww i miss you too! and i hear ya! it just something that i'm broken to see when it really is pushed away. whether or not it is learned or automatically who they are i believe that love is love. people should be allowed to become whatever they choose to even if it's against the "law", the christian law! life is full of options... there shouldn't be one for those who decide that this law will not be who they are...

Gregg said...

Rosa, I love it and could not agree more.