Sunday, March 21, 2010

Untitled/Unfinished

The grass grows slowly
Its grown taller then me
I remember the times we spent sipping lemonade in the yard
A lifetime ago it seems
When we walked down the path to the lake
And now there is no path
Its covered and overgrown
When I smell the breeze
When I feel the summer sun
It brings me to you
It brings me to the moment when it was life
Now all I hear are the creaky windows
The breeze shaking the house
This house was ours
This house was happy
And now it is fallen
Like the depths of me
Like the the broken vase trying to hold the love 
Yet it was seeping through the cracks
No  more to be kept 
No longer to be mine
How could you go
How could stay
Yet the minutes in the hour glass seemed like eternity
And the time spent away felt like home

No comments: