Monday, November 16, 2009

Drowning

What has our relationship become
What has this union transformed into
It doesn’t make me happy anymore
It doesn't make me smile


Instead I wipe the tears from my face
Instead I am running to cover it before you see my pain
I don’t let you see the hurt you’ve placed in me
I want to tell you


But I’m so scared
Scared of you leaving
But if I keep hiding these emotions you will
And I will be standing right where I don’t want to be


Drowning
I am drowning


Your love is so overwhelming
Its so grand
It keeps me holding on


Yet I’m afraid if I release you I wont have anything left
Yet you keep creating those waves
The water keeps pushing me down
It keeps covering me


Should I drift off
Should I float way
Should I just forget all the happy memories


The many times you loved me
The many times we were one


Oh my darling
It hurts to even call you that
I know this wont work
But I want to pretend just a bit longer


Until you are the one that needs to hold on
Until you are the one feeling like you will drown without me...

No comments: