Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Wind Blows

The wind blows
Oh how it blows
Calling my name
Calling me out to blow with it

How many times have I been blown away with it
How many times has it taken me somewhere new
Somewhere far
To float on its wings
To soar in its hands
To take me far 

Away from you
You were the one that stopped the wind
You were the one that held it back
How alluring you were
How intoxicating it was to be with you

And now how I feel suppressed by you
You enveloped me and I was enthralled by you
I miss the freedom
I miss the open air
I can feel it calling my name

Yet you stand in the way
You stand in its path
Still holding me from riding it once again

How I feel it whipping through my hair
How I feel the its gust start at my feet and work its way up to my face
Oh loved one
I can’t love you anymore
I can’t stay any longer

Release me
Release my love
Release me so I can be free of you
And free to be more

Moving through life on the tail end of the wind

No comments: