Monday, October 12, 2009

Every Piece of You

**written for my little one, my twin... i needed to write this for her so she could see what was able to get from what she told me...  this one hurt me to write for her... it might hurt her to read it again... enjoy please...**



How many times have I asked you
How many times did I say just be mine
You break my heart with the lack of confidence you have
With the lack of trust you have


I am willing to give you all of me
I am willing to love you for the rest of my life
I want you to be mine forever
Do you not want to be mine


Do you not want to receive all this love
Why must you think that I cant take the love you have
Are you afraid to hurt me
Are you afraid that I wont accept it


How many times have I cried because you decided I wasn’t good enough for it
How many times did I cry because you believed that someone else could have it
How many times are you gonna keep thinking she doesn’t need to know
Until I’ve had enough


Until I can’t take it anymore
Until I finally break ties with you
Until I find you with someone else


How irrevocable do you want our love to be
How much do you want to twist the love we have for each other


You hurt me with the lack of confidence you have in us
With the lack of honesty you think there is between us
I break constantly
I fall to pieces because you don’t want to tell me all of your heart


That you rather tell someone else
That you rather release to someone less
Are you waiting on the day when I say enough is enough
When I release you from this burden


What about the burden afterwards
The burden of missing me
Of wanting me back in your life
Have you thought of that one


Have you thought of the day you wont have me anymore
Of the day I wont return the feeling your heart has for me
That day my world will finally shatter


To no longer be hurt by your words
By your emotions
By the look of sadness in your eyes


How many times must I tell you that I need you
That I want you just to give me that tiny thing I ask of you
What is it that I ask of you


If you call me more than a friend
And if you say I am more than a lover
Then give me that
Give me that tiniest piece of your heart you keep holding back


Because if I can’t have that
If I can’t have that thing you call precious and not believe I can take good care of it
Then I can’t have you
I can’t pretend I’m okay with just having a small piece of you


I just want you all
If not I will lose you
And you will lose me

No comments: