Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Keep Moving On

I walk down the road
You throw things at me
Yet I walk
You yell and scream at me
And I move on


I keep walking because I can’t stay with your anger
You give me the ugliest look
You spit
And throw your hands up
You keep shouting atrocities at me


Yet the ground I walk on is solid
I will keep walking
I will keep moving on
I will keep my self strong


And you keep following me
Keep telling my failures
You keep saying everything I’ve done that you do not agree with
Yet I will keep moving
I will keep passing it all
I will keep pushing through


And you will keep following me
When will the day come when you will stop and realize it does not affect me


That your hatred
Your anger
Your fear
Your jealousy
Your feelings of inadequacy
They are for you alone


Why do I keep walking
Why do I keep moving
I keep going because I have allowed myself to accept myself with all my hatred
With the pain that I have had
I’ve accepted myself for the ugliness that this world has given me


And what I have realized is that I am beautiful because of it
I am stronger because of it
I am me because all these things have molded me to be this


To be more
To stand here before the world and keep moving
Keep going on
Keep standing strong


When will you accept your atrocities
Your ugliness
Your full self

No comments: