Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stop the Echoes

The empty halls
How the echoes bounce off them
The sounds of war

Warring whether I should love you or hate you
I don’t know if I should keep holding on to this nothingness you have given me
To keep saying I owe you something
When there is nothing owed

I keep holding on to those memories of when I had you completely
When I had you

I scream
And still can’t get the image of you from my mind
There are days when the mirage of you keeps me happy
But its not you

Its not what you are
Its what I pretend you are
And so it helps me keep sane
Helps me from not flying off into the dark abyss

I loved you and slowly am starting to hate you
Slowly am starting to erase anything of you
Any trace of you
Trying to cover up what you left behind

But those echoes
Of wanting you
The echoes of needing you
The echoes of what used to be haunts me still

Things keep moving
Falling apart all around me
The world is moving at a fast pace
And all I hear are echoes

All I see is the replaying of you and me
All I feel are the shards of broken glass hitting my skin
I feel the ash and the the wind that keeps moving around me
But I can’t really feel it

I can’t really feel that pain
It doesn’t compare to the pain I feel
The loss I have

Those echoes
Thats all I can seem to focus on
I can’t seem to remove the images
The voices
The memories

I want to just drown myself from all this depravity
I want to die as the love dies
I want to seize to exist like the emotions you have for me

To forget me
To forget you
To have this world remove anything we left behind

And then maybe then the echoes will stop
Then maybe everything will stop

No comments: