Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Will Let You Go

Ok
I will let you go
I will no longer hold on to you
Hold on to your heart

I release you
Though it pains me
Though I am falling apart at the idea
I must let your wild heart go

You who have brought me so much joy
You who have shown me more
You who I finally listened to
And who showed me pass the fear

I clung on to you so tight
I held you until I couldn’t let you go
But I was sure that I was suffocating you
I miss you and yet I know that you will be ok if I release you

It is I who will still be calling for you at night
But this love will never be
For you don’t see me the way I see you
You don’t feel me the way I feel you

So how can two paths ever become one
Two paths that are completely twisted
Never to become straight
Never to follow the lines

I can’t follow your path
And you can’t follow mine
So here is where I let you go my dear lover
I will try not to call on your heart anymore

I will not try to answer your replies
Let me walk out on you
And not talk anymore
Even though it will be the hardest thing I will ever do

I will let you go
For once and for all

No comments: