Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting by the moonlight

Sitting by the edge of the water
Seeing the waves coming in and out
Seeing how the vast ocean brings and takes away

Thats how your love was
So vast
So overwhelming
So wonderful

As the sun rises I felt the warmth of a brand new day
A new day with you by my side
As the world slowly become bright
So did my life

Full of energy
Full of enjoyment
Full of you

Each grain of sand becoming a new memory
I was yours
We ran on the cool sand
Hand in hand

As the breeze ran through our hair
And our skins being kissed by the sun
We sat there in total bliss
No other moment like ours

But our moments were so short
Just like the moment the wave hits the shore
Coming in and quickly going out
So was your the time we spent together

The waves bringing in sweet and bitter sweet gifts
Our time spent together was so special
More than I could ask for
But so swiftly did you want to run in the other direction

The suns setting brings on the darkness
The darkness you left behind
And yet the waves keep coming
They keep crashing down

Washing away all the pain
Bringing new loves
But you will always be the one
The one that I will never forget

The one that brought the sun back into my life
The one that helped me to feel the sand under my feet
You are my one

Under the darkness of the moon
Light by the light of the stars
I will walk alone
I will stand alone

Waiting on the wave that brings you back to me
I will listen to the waves coming in and out
Waiting on that sun to rise again

No comments: