Thursday, July 16, 2009

To Forget You

I sit here
Listening to the rain
How it hits the windows
Wanting to be outside letting it hit my face
So the world will not see the tears falling from my eyes
From the loss of you

Trying to remember the memories
Trying to hold myself together
But nothing seems to work
I can’t seem to hold it all in
I can’t seem to keep myself together
All I see is sadness

How I wish the rain could wash away the pain
Wipe way the hurt
The shame
The fear

This pain is too much to bear
I don’t want to feel it anymore
I want to break free from your magic

I want to run in the rain and lose myself into the rain
Let the lightening hit
Let the thunder shake me
Shake the image of you from my mind

Let it help me forget you
Let it erase you from my life
How much more will I need the rain to fall on me
How long will I be able to sit under it
I want to break free from you

Let the wind make the rain fall harder
Maybe that will help me forget the image of you forever

No comments: