Friday, July 3, 2009

Shinning Light Into My Heart

Sitting in the dark
I see something
A faint light
Getting closer

You ask can I sit in the dark with you
I respond why
You say because I thought you need some company
So I say sure

Just you and me
In the dark
With the only light being the flashlight you carried in

How did you find me
What made you find me
Do you have any other intentions
You can’t just be here for me

We sit in silence
Are you waiting for me to say something
Because I wont
I will sit in silence with you

I will be a good girl
I will be the girl everyone’s telling me to be
But you sit there looking at me
I have nothing to tell you

And you still sit there
What do you want me to say
What do you need me to say
Tell me so we can move on with sitting in the darkness

Yet you keep sitting there
No your not breaking me down
No I’m not letting you in
No I will not let you to persuade me

Your so warm
I’ve been sitting here for so long
No one to talk to
Your still not breaking me down

You move closer
Why are you here
You stand your ground
I will not disintegrate in your presence

Will you keep sitting there if I show you what I’ve been doing in the dark
Will you sit there while I cry
Will you sit there while I call out for help
Why are you still listening to what I am doing

Why do you stay there and just be quiet
Do you not see that I rather be alone
No don’t come near me
No don’t hold me

Your arms wrap around me
I push you away
I fight with you
You hold tight

No I will not let you in
Why must you persist
Why must you keep trying to break through me
I’ve been here so long

No one’s ever been here
Why you
Why not someone else
How did you find the core of me

It was hidden
Unwanted
And protected
But you took your time
You broke through the walls
Found the small room
Broke every chain on the doors
And found me

Finally someone shinning light
Finally someone has taken my heart
Finally someone has shown me love
There’s nothing left in the room
As you lead me out
I don’t understand why I sat in the darkness for so long
Why I never allowed myself to be loved

No comments: