Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Loved One

There’s no more light in your eyes
The shine is gone
Where has it gone
When did you let it die

Are you afraid
Are you mad
Why don’t you see me with much delight
Why does it seem that you want this to end

How can I show you that there’s more
Why are you distancing yourself from me
I hold you close yet you push me away
I haven’t done anything to hurt you

We’ve made mistakes
Everyone does
So why do I feel like I am your big mistake
Why must you start running

My love I call you
Yet you cringe at the word
Love, love, love
You seem to diminish at the word

Are you afraid to love me
Are you scared to hurt me
Where have I shown that I don’t want your love
What do you need me to show you that I need your love

Nothing is perfect
Not even nature
There is imperfection in everything
That is what makes everything work

One imperfection works with another one
No my love you are not an imperfection
I am
I am the one that is flawed

I have done so many mistakes
Yet you have seen passed them
As I am doing to you
I don’t care

I will love you with all of them
I need you to know that
I need you to understand that
I want you with all your pain

I want to suffer with you
I want to cry along side you
I want to laugh laying with you
I want to love you

My love I can see through your deception
I know that you want to be loved
We all do
I want to give you my love

Even if that means I will be forsaking everything I know
I will give it all up just to be with you
That is how much you mean to me
You are my whole world

Let me be your whole world
Let me encompass a new love for you
But if you really want out
If you think that there is nothing left here

Then I will grant you your wish
Yet my arms will always be open to you
You are more than loved
You are my loved one

No comments: