Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Loneliness of the Violins Song

Let the violin play loud
To the melody of my heartache
To the melody of solitude
To the song of my soul

As the violin strums it plucks at my heart
The music plays as my tears fall
The bow moving at the speed of how the world crumbles around me

It keeps playing
Never ceasing
Never letting up

This heartache keeps growing
Keeps showing me how simple I was
How much you were able to envelop me in you

And I allowed it
If only I held some of me back
If only I didn’t show you all of me

Thats what truly hurts me
That the violin plays all of my heartaches
All of my pain
All of me

Exposing me to everyone
Without me giving it my consent
Just playing and playing

Louder and louder it goes
How can I stop this music from penetrating others
I just want to hold my music for now
To listen to it by myself
Yet I can’t stop it from telling my story

I can’t stop it from rendering me to this world
As the melody plays I am pulled in to it
Dancing away the emotions
Dancing away my sorrows
And feeling like an empty shell

Feeling like I have to dance
To put on my show
I just want to break the music
Sit in silence

I can’t even hear myself anymore
All I hear is my torment
My discomfort
My agony

Oh violin
I plead with you
Stop playing so that I could get over my despair
So that I could stop hurting
For just one night

No comments: