Friday, August 21, 2009

A Group of Change

To tell you that I am not changed is a lie
To tell you that I don’t I feel loved is also a lie
To tell you that I don’t fell the beauty this world has given me is another lie

I may not live in greatness
I may not seem more than beautiful
But I feel it
I feel it in the depths of me

I feel the worlds cries
I feel its sorrow
It wants to be different
It wants to change

And yet it doesn’t allow itself to change
It doesn’t know how to

It doesn’t have to be in a large bang
It can be in the simpleness
In the simple lines of kindness
In the simple smiles of acceptance
In the simple eyes of the mighty silent strength

We humans do not understand what it is to be fully accepted
We go and are judged by anything and everything
It could be our names
Our appearance
Our lessons learned
Or our outward look at life

How can we be a better world if we do not allow our differences to flourish
How can we call ourselves the melting pot if we don’t allow ourselves to melt into one another
Why do we have ourselves cheer at the different races being put in higher positions
I do not see a reason to be cheerful in those differences

We are all of one blood
We are all of one heartbeat

The only differences between us is our anger
The way we love
The way we judge
And the way we accept one another

Each level of these can create such animosity
Such chaos
Why try to just accept

I do not mean that we must like or love everything
By accepting I mean to take peoples heartache, sorrow, anger, pain, and allow them to be
Allow them to live in it if they want to

We must take a person in every way
I will not change you to become another me
I will not force you to change if you do not want it
We are different for so many reasons

To bring out greatness in the simple things
And to bring them out in large amounts

How can we say I am open if we close our minds to others sorrows
When we close our hearts to others anger
When we choose to look the other way at peoples dysfunctions

You can not tell me that you are not dysfunctional
We are all lacking in some way
We are fallible
We are breakable
We are fragile

But if we stand side by side
If we hold on to each others hands
And if we hold each other
We are able to be stronger

We are able to move as one in one great direction
In a direction of true change
Not the false change they advertise
Nor the false change that one person thinks they can do alone

No comments: