Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Heaviness of Nothing

There are times when I think things have changed
When I feel the beauty of the transformation
Then there are days
Days when I can’t feel anything
When my body is as empty as a blank paper
When my mind has nothing to say
When my heart has stopped beating so fast
Everything around me is moving so fast
When I can’t seem to catch up to the world’s pace
I just want to shut out the world and regroup
But when I’m in my solitude
I hear the loud clarity of emptiness
My emotions are blank
I can’t find that motivation of life anymore
I can’t find the loveliness of beauty’s smile
Music doesn’t help
I feel the deep nothing
I am not happy
Nor am I sad
I feel nothing
Its as if someone took paint thinner to my canvas
And all the colors are sliding off and making one big color
One large murky black
My hands don’t even want to write
They are like heavy lead bricks
Hitting and striking the keys
I walk as if I am in a daze
Not knowing which way to go
This emptiness has confounded me
I’m confused as what this emptiness wants me to do
Where do I go with it
What can I do

I want to feel
I need to feel
I crave to feel

No comments: