Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Imposter

Your back
I’m so happy
Back in my life
But somethings changed
Somethings not the same
Oh darling what’s changed
You say you still love me
You say all these wonderful things
But they don't sound the same
Even your eyes are different
They don’t look at me the same way
The don’t burn into me like they used to
Where is your eyes smile
Your kisses they lack something
They aren’t as warm as they used to be
My dear what has happened
How much have you changed
Even your walk is different
Its as if someone else is here
Its as if your not you
Did I bring home a stranger
Did I make love to a stranger
Did I hold with all my love someone that I’ve never known
Your not the same
Its not you who is in that heart anymore
Where do I go to find you
How do I get you back
You sit here and its not you
Your love is harsher
Your smile is plainer
Your love is weaker
Where is the return to sender box you came in
I don’t want you here if this is who you are
I don’t want you  if you give me half of you
Where is the other half I fell in love with
Where is the other half that adored me
Do you think I  haven’t noticed
Do you think that half of you is all I need
I don’t think I want you anymore
Not like this
Where do I go to find you again
To bring you back to me
Because I have an impostor in my home
I have an impostor pretending to be you
I need the real you
I need all of you
I need you back
Dear stranger please find my loved one
I don’t think I can pretend to love you anymore
You are not my lover 
Bring them back

No comments: