Saturday, August 29, 2009

Old Post 2

February 2008
ALLOW ME TO BREATHE

I lay here 
I stand here 
I face you 
you face me… 

what do you have that I don’t… 
what can you give that I can’t give… 
I’m confounded by your complexities… 
I don’t understand 

are you here to help or are you here to stop… 
what do you want with me… 
what do you want me for… 
I have nothing to give… 

I’m speechless 
find someone less 
find someone more… 

I am nothing 
I’m at zero… 
how can I give if there’s nothing to give… 

you’ve broken me 
you’ve taken all that I am 
and expect me to give you more… 

its gone… 
its lost… 
its far away 

I can’t reach it 
I can’t attain it… 
I’m not who you think I am 
I’m not who you think I was… 

it wasn’t real 
it was all a facade to make you think I had substance… 
there was nothing there to begin with
there is an empty shell… 
easily and readily able to crack at your loud attacks 
at your harsh hits 
at your animosity… 

what am I 
an easy target 
what am I to you 
tell me 
allow me to understand… 

am I to pour into you… 
am I to make you strong so that you can run out on me… 
what… 

is it that easy to take life from me… 
do I so easily build up so that you can cut me from below and steal it… 

I’m done 
I’m finished 
I need the strength for myself 
I’m done with you running my life… 

your nothing 
your gone 
your done… 

I’m finished with you exasperating life from me… 
I’m done with you taking my strength… 
I wasn’t made to make you strong 
I wasn’t made for two people to survive on… 

I was made for one person and one person alone… 
I loved it 
I loved you… 
I survived off you 
I fed off your energy and I surrounded myself with you 
but can’t you see that I can’t support us anymore… 

I want to keep you 
I want to make you mine forever 
but your hurting me…. 

I’m not what I used to be 
I was me 
I was this 
now I’m you… 

I’ve become what everyone said I was becoming… 
I don’t want to live off you anymore… 
let me be 
allow me to be strong… 

you’re my addiction 
you’re my drug… 
but I’m slowly dying with you 

please let me breathe… 

I need to survive… 
not for you but for me… 
allow me to breathe…



**again... this wasn't even written for a person it was written for something i needed to shed myself of.**

No comments: