Monday, August 10, 2009

I Dreamt

I dreamt of a place
Of lives where I was wanted
Of people who I wanted to love
And of them loving me

I dreamed that I was unattainable
That I was more than what the eye could see

I dreamt where my realities laid with closed eyes
I used to walk around with my eyes blinded from reality
Living in my one realm
Believing life would never be any better than my fantasies

I dreamed of lovers
I dreamed of heartaches
I dreamt of vulnerabilities
Off in the distance on a horizon that I would never meet

Then something broke within me
Someone from the wilderness
Outside my dreams
Outside my life
Came along

How unhappy was I
Living in dreams
In worlds that would never truly shape me
Sitting in a mold

I was finally pulled out

Scared to stand on my own
They held my hand
Everything seemed so new
Seemed different

Standing at the edge of my horizon
I held their hand tight and we jumped
Soaring, falling, fearful, and exhilarating
Living

I used to dream
Dream that life couldn’t get any better than my sadness
Dreaming that I would always live in my self pity
Dreaming that love only existed in my imagination

Finally there is no limit to my realities
No limit to my loves and lost
Walking while being exposed at every step
Never again to live in a mold
Never again to wish life on myself
To wish love in my life

No longer dreaming to be touched
To be held
To be caressed
I don’t need your hand any longer

© Rosa Garcia 2009

No comments: