Friday, August 14, 2009

No Longer

Its too late
You have finally noticed your emotions
You finally know how you feel about me
I’ve crossed over and I’m not there anymore

I can’t love you anymore
I can’t give you pleasure
I can’t spend my kisses on you
Nor my tears

They don’t belong to you anymore
I loved you
Wanted you
Needed you

And yet you didn’t see the value in me
You didn’t put too much thought when thinking of me
Now that I’m walking away
You finally see how much I meant to you

Its too late
I will not be taken by you anymore
My life has been miserable
I thought you could have been the one that I gave my love to
The one that could have given me such happiness

But you didn't want to be the one
You didn’t care to be my someone
How many times have you let me down
And you think that your guilt will keep me here for a little longer

No you will not bring me back to you
I will not rest in your arms again
I don’t want to stand here another day knowing that I’m convenience
Are you upset because I will not shed a tear for you

How many tears have I shed
Laying awake wishing you were by my side
Hoping that you would return my love
Thinking that you really loved me

I know that I will find someone that will cherish me
That will adore me like I adored you
Giving me the affection that you are wishing you gave me
I will no longer wish and hope with them

And you will forever see that I could have been more
That I was what you needed
But you will never know because I will not stay for you to find out
I will not have you hold on to me when my perfect someone is out there

You were my someone
I thought you were the perfect someone
And I am glad I’m seeing the truth of who you are
Of what you are

I will not give you a kiss
I will not give you a hug
I will not even say goodbye
I will not give you the satisfaction of closure

So that you will know the pain that you inflicted on me when we were together
I want you to hurt
And if you don’t
Then lets take these memories and burn them

For I don’t want to think about you any longer

No comments: