Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reckless Love

I try forgetting you
I try releasing you
I try to remove myself far from you

But...

You have to come waltzing back into my life
You bat your eyes and I’m back in your grasp
Its as if you pull me towards you
Just like you want me
In your trance

I just want to break free
I want to let you go
I want to run in the other direction
But I can’t let you go

I can’t allow this to fall by the way side
I’m not sure if it will go somewhere
I’m not sure if you can be more than simplicity

We talk and you seem to know exactly what to say
Exactly what to do to keep me mesmerized
Its as if you need me
Do you really need me
Do you honestly feel like I am more
Because everyday I see you as more

Everyday you are on my mind
I can’t release you from the the confines of it

But the lack of you
Your absence
It pains me
It makes me wonder if you mean the things you say
If your feelings are real
Or if they are in the moment

How can I make you see me more than this
How do I find your heart
How do I keep it captive
Like you have mine

You are my reckless love

You come to me when you need me
Taking what I can give you
Then leaving me empty
And only coming back when you need me again

My love can’t you see this isn’t working for any of us
I’m running dry and you are still standing
Please be my support for once
Hold me instead of me holding you

Do you even care enough to be the one that holds me


This one's for Summer! Girl not sure if this was what you are feeling but I tried!

I hope you like it none the less!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...that was so perfect. You explained exactly how I feel and how he makes me feel. You have quite a gift woman. Thank you so much.

DelicateRoses said...

yay! i wasn't sure if i was able to get your emotions! i kinda didn't think i hit a home run with that one! lol!

i'm glad it was what you were feeling!