Thursday, August 20, 2009

Her Strength

**side note**

this song was inspired by two things... so you think you can dance season 5 episode 18 where two dancers danced to the song The Woman's Work by Maxwell and both the dance and the song broke me! It broke me! I had to write this! For those who have lost a loved one to a disease...

**Enjoy**


You stand
How beautiful
I see all the bruises
Your cuts
Your scars

Why and how do you still stand

With each step life seems to fade from you
But your strength
Oh your strength
Its so beautiful

I can’t help myself
Its so radiant

All this love
All this beauty

Your life is almost gone
But you will not stop
You keep going

You keep moving forward

Yet that light is almost gone
Your smile never fading
It all gets bigger and bigger

I don’t want to show you my tears of pain
Of knowing how much I will miss you
Thinking of the many nights that you wont be there

I don’t want you to see them
I want to be strong for you too
I want to give you everything I can
While you are still here

I cant walk beside you
I can’t
I don’t think I can stand as tall as you
I don’t think I will be able to not show you my tears

Please don’t take her from me
Please don’t

I need her
I need her
I need her

I don’t think I will survive without her strength
I can’t tell my heart
Even though you wont be here much longer
I want to pretend that you will still be here

And now you can barely open your eyes

Yet your strength
Its so beautiful
Its too much
Please don’t
Please open your eyes
Please stay with me
Please

I beg you stay with me
Don’t take her
Stay
Stay



Her hands are so cold
Her breath is gone

She has gone

She’s gone away
Her light is finally gone
But her strength still remains

I will walk tall for her
I will keep moving forward with whatever strength she has left me with

No comments: