Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To Pretend

Again I’m missing your shadow
I’m missing your echoes
I’m missing your breathe

Where have you gone
Where have you left to
Where did you disappear to

I pretend that you are still here
I place the pillows in your form
I lay my back up against them and pretend

I can’t remember the color of your eyes
I can’t remember how your hair feels in my fingers
I can’t remember the pitch of your voice

Does that mean that I have gotten over you
Or that I’m a fool for thinking you will come back
I miss your kisses

I bet you’ve already given them to someone else
I bet I’m not on your mind anymore
Not even a memory

I lay in bed wishing that one day I can feel your warmth
Wishing that it will be your voice I wake up to
Wishing that you still loved me

My heart it doesn’t yearn for you as much
Slowly it is weaning itself from wanting you
Slowly I’m missing you less and less

No need for goodbyes
I guess we both weren’t good for them
But since you haven’t said goodbye
I will keep pretending until you do

© Rosa Garcia 2009

No comments: