Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How Cold The Wind

As the days go by
The wind slowly blows through
How cold it is
I feel like an empty home

My windows broken in
My doors hanging off its hinges
The light fixtures torn from the walls
When the wind blows
I feel the house shake
Swaying so hard
Feeling like it will fall

Just an empty shell of what was

Memories recalling its beauty
Filled with laughter
Filled with joy
Filled with happiness
And now
It is empty
Unwanted
Dilapidated

As the wind blows you hear the creaking sorrow
The banging pain
The hollow heartache

What was once loved now forever deteriorating
Nothing to protect it
Nothing to keep it standing
Nothing but the base and the beams

And yet the wind still blows
Pushing it and pulling it
And yet it still stands
Still holding on to its strength

My dear lover
You have taken the good things in me
And left what you didn’t want
You say I am stronger
That I’m becoming stronger
And yet that wind is not allowing me

© Rosa Garcia 2009

No comments: