Monday, August 10, 2009

Living Your Lie

Smoke
Clouding my better judgement
Covering my eyes
Making my eyes water

I am blinded
Only focusing on what it is that is bothering me for the moment
Not focusing on the betrayal you are creating

On the heartache that will ensue later
I came to you
I needed your help
But you blinded me with your lies
And all the steam coming of your mouth

I don’t know what to believe
I don’t know if you are real anymore
You have everyone playing along
You are truly pulling the strings on everyone around you

But I refuse to let this smoke keep me from finding your truth
Do you want me hidden in the smoke
Do you want me not to tell everyone about your truth
Because my truth is for everyone

I will not live a lie for you
I was living one and I can’t live a lie anymore
I will not keep getting lost in your lie

You who can wield the knife so well
The knife you call your tongue

How your witty remarks can make anyone small
Can make anyone feel like they are insignificant
Is it because you once felt insignificant
And that you will not allow yourself to be miniscule anymore

Fess up because I can’t keep lying to people for you
I’m tired of giving into you

© Rosa Garcia 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In all honesty, the poem itself was bad. However, I can relate to the overall scheme of the poem. Keep doind what you do. There's no form of self expression as pure as turning your thoughts and emotions into written word. -Nathalie.D.

DelicateRoses said...

well thanks... i never really put these things in any kind of order they just come out... and most of the time they aren't really looked over so... yes the are bad but you are right it does feel pure when emotions are put to words... thanks!